These Rules and Regulations are adopted for the common protection of the owners of all niches and the preservation of the natural beauty of the cemetery grounds.
All owners and visitors within the cemetery, and all lots, single graves, crypts, niches, and other interment space conveyed, shall be subject thereto and to such other rules and regulations, amendments or alterations as shall be adopted by the Board of Trustees from time to time; and the reference to these Rules and Regulations in the burial grants, contracts, or other instruments issued by the Board of Trustees of the Mt. Hope Cemetery Corporation shall have the same force and effect as if they were set forth in full therein.
The cost for a niche space or spaces shall include a bronze name plaque. Inurnments shall be made during normal working hours, except for those done on Saturday, Sunday and Holidays when there will be an extra charge. There will be no inurnments on the following: Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Holiday rates will be charged on Labor Day, Veterans Day, and New Year’s Day.
1. Sales or transfers other than by gift, inheritance or devise of columbarium niches by the owners thereof will not be permitted, except as outlined in the Corporation’s Rules and Regulations.
2. No inurnments shall be permitted in any niche in the columbarium until all payments due the Corporation have been made.
3. All inurnments must be made subject to the rules and regulations of the Corporation and all federal, state and local laws, ordinances, and regulations.
4. Only one human cremated remain per single niche and two cremated remains per double niche will be allowed. No inurnment of cremated animals will be permitted.
5. The container for cremated remains to be inurned shall be of material approved by the Corporation and shall be of a size suitable for the niche. (No cardboard boxes) The Superintendent or their representative shall have full authority to refuse to accept for inurnment any receptacle deemed unsuitable.
- SIZE: SINGLE NICHE 11 ¼ ” x 11 ¼” x 11″ deep. (11” x 11” @ Back End)
- DOUBLE NICHE 11 ¼ “ x 11 ¼ “x 23” deep (10 ¼ ” x 10 ¼ ” @ Back End)
6. No disurnment of cremains in the columbarium will be permitted except upon written order of both the recorded owner and appropriate heirs of the person whose cremains are to be moved or disentombed, or upon order of a court of competent jurisdiction and except upon full compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and the Rules and Regulations of the Corporation.
7. No inurnment in any niche in the columbarium shall be permitted except upon written order of the record owner of the rights of inurnment in such space, or if such record owner be deceased or otherwise unavailable, upon such appropriate evidence as may be required by the Corporation that the person whose cremains are to be inurned has been designed for inurnment by the record owner.
8. The Corporation shall not be liable for the identity of cremains to be inurned
9. No inscriptions on niches shall be a allowed. A bronze plaque supplied by a firm selected by the Corporation shall be used. No titles or fraternal emblems are allowed.
10. All removals and disinurnments shall be done by or under the supervision of the Corporation’s personnel. The Corporation will exercise reasonable care in making a removal, but it assumes no liability for damage to any urn occurring in the process of making a removal.
11. Funeral decorations will be removed in seven days after the inurnment or whenever they become unsightly or at the discretion of the Superintendent or their representative. The Corporation will assume no responsibility for the safekeeping of any floral memorial or container.
12. No floral memorials or other ornamentation will be attached to columbarium. The Corporation reserves the right to remove any such ornamentation or correct any such alteration at the expense of the owner without being deemed guilty of any manner of trespass.
13. Artificial flowers or decorations are not permitted and will be removed immediately.
14. If a niche shall become vacant by the removal of cremains without the consent of the Board of Trustees, all rights of the owner in said niche shall revert to the Corporation. The Corporation reserves the right to detain all funds related to that niche.
15. If an owner shall purchase an interment space of equal or greater value from the Corporation, the original price for niche will be allowed in part payment for the said space, less the cost of replacing the bronze plaque.
16. If the niche is destroyed or damaged for any reason, the Corporation may cause any cremains inurned therein to be either promptly interred elsewhere in the cemetery or delivered on written request to the owner or representative of the niche in which they were inurned, or temporarily placed in a receiving tomb pending restoration of the niche and upon restoration re-inurned therein, in such case as the Board of Trustees of the Corporation shall determine in view of the extent of the destruction or damage inurned remains, to the niche, the structure containing it, and columbarium itself and the advisability of restoration.
17. The Corporation reserves the right to correct any errors made by it in granting any niche either by substituting other interment property of like kind, equal value similar location, so far as possible, or as may be selected by the Corporation, or by refunding the amount of money paid on account of said purchase.
18. A niche is not a lot, nor do two or more adjacent niches constitute a lot. The owner of one or more niches is not a lot owner.
19. The grant of inurnment right in a niche gives only a right or privilege of inurnment of cremated remains, the ownership in fee to the land and the structure remaining always in the Corporation.